Sunday, April 19, 2015

Errors and Rage

So recently when working on SK i closed my project then opened it up again a few minutes later it says "Failed to load character data", this is the first time this has happened to me. I have had it delete the project all together before, maybe I have gotten lucky this time and it will only take a short time to fix.

In other news the artwork is still being finished, and the Patreon vote will end tomorrow. Hopefully everything will be up and running soon and I can finish up this project. I may just end up closing off the Valget world for now and finish the end world to save some time and release a new update.

Edit: So I've been looking into it and as far as I can tell there's not much I can do. the maps are completely gone no matter what I try, it's always like this:

The map is completely blank besides the events still being there.
All the characters and tilesets are missing as well.

Unfortunately I didn't use steam cloud because the last time I used it, my entire project was deleted. So no matter what it looks like I'm going to have to re do a lot. I have a lot of work ahead of me I'm going to try and work as hard as possible to get it all back to where it was as soon as possible. I'm really sorry this happened. A new update will be out as soon as possible.


2 comments:

  1. Carbonite is your friends. Its free, just backup the directory of the game in the steam program folder.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I'll look into it. Really wish I thought of something like that before.

      Delete