Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year! New Project announcement: Gramsby Village

Hey everyone! So pretty soon I'm going to be releasing the demo for the upcoming game to patrons, then I'll be posting on here for free a couple weeks later, so expect the free version in late January. But first I wanted to update you guys on what it's about what features to expect, and what features may not be in the demo due to complications, but I do hope to have them in the game.

So right now here are the ones that are for sure going to be in the game:
Farming.
Dating/Relationship meter and all that stuff.
Male and Female main character - You choose at the start.)
Intractable world - I didn't like how in sk you couldn't really tell what you could and couldn't click on, which is something I've changed in this one. And might even update SK with.
Gallery - Still buggy but I think I can get it working.

Things I'm having trouble with:
Time system - Right now the time system has been one of the main problems a long with getting the NPC's changing where they go at certain times, I really want to see it in the game but if I can't figure something out I may just wait for a later update to add it in.
Customization - I wanted to add the option to change your character, adding options to change his or her hairstyle, clothes, and whatever else. It's something that I really wanted but it turned out to be just a waste of time.

Actually I guess the main problem is the time system, I may start asking for some help from people who have used it.

Alright so what is Gramsby Village? It's a harvest moon/animal crossing type of game that's being made in RPG Maker MV, I've been working on it for the past few months and it's been one of the biggest endeavors I have taken on, but I will say it's been really fun to work on this and I know you guys will enjoy this game. Right now you can choose between either a male or female preset character, without giving away anything from the intro or the game, you end up in a town filled with different monsters, supernatural creatures, and some other weird shit. There is going to be male, female, and futa characters that you can date as either a male or female. As well as a short story, nothing too long as I want this to be a game like harvest moon to where you can keep playing and not get bored.

I'll also be updating the Guide to sk soon, also I realize there are a couple of bugs, I'll also be doing a hotpatch to that soon as well. I really want to sit down for a day and review everything so I'll probably do that either tomorrow or the day after tomorrow.

Preview and more details coming soon, thank you and Happy new year everyone!


4 comments:

  1. Is it going to have a fighting element like the Rune Factory series, or just a farming/dating sim like Harvest Moon? Also will the ability to build a harem be in the game or will it be strictly monogamous?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never played Rune Factory before, I watched some gameplay on youtube though. I'm surprised I have never heard of this before it looks like a game I would really enjoy. The fighting system though is not something I have added yet, right now it just has the farming/dating like in Harvest Moon.

      It might give the game a bit more depth with a fighting system though. It's not something I'm going to add right away but perhaps in a future update once the game has its core features working properly.

      Harem of course! Hahaha
      You will be able to date whoever you want, the feature of them being jealous or saying special dialogue will be something that I will add at a later date though. :)

      Delete
  2. I was wondering if I could use the Succubus Battler Sprite for my own Non-Profit Game, also all rights and credit will be to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. On your blog, you said we could download this for free (you made it sound like it was completed not just a demo). Where could I download either?

    ReplyDelete